It was a disappointing weekend at the box office for new releases, of which there were five. None of them managed to crack the top five. Born in China, the latest Disneynature documentary, came the closest at number six with $4.7 million.
In fact, this week’s top five performers are the same top five from last weekend only with a slight variation. Zach Braff’s remake Going in Style took the number four slot and pushed Smurfs: The Lost Village down to five.
The Fate of the Furious once again took the top spot with $38 million domestic. If you haven’t been paying attention, that means the eighth ‘Fast and Furious’ film has cleared $910 million worldwide. Only a handful of films in history have grossed over one billion dollars and ‘Fate’ has nearly done it in just two weeks. Bonkers!
Here are the specific tallies:
Weekend Domestic Worldwide
1. The Fate of the Furious $38,408,415 $910,798,783
2. The Boss Baby $12,712,144 $360,303,943
3. Beauty and the Beast $9,662,645 $1,101,396,411
4. Going in Style $4,910,895 $51,294,817
5. Smurfs: The Lost Village $4,880,377 $134,573,099